Backsplash vs. Splashback

A Tale of Two Terms

In the realm of kitchen design, certain terms are interchangeable. One such example is the distinction between “backsplash” and “splashback.” While they may sound like two different concepts, in reality, they refer to the same thing—those protective, often decorative panels lining the walls behind sinks, stoves, and benches.

In the United States, the term “backsplash” is the go-to word for describing that practical yet stylish barrier against splashes and spills. 

On the other side of the globe, in New Zealand and Australia, “splashback” takes center stage. Us Aussies and Kiwis use this term with the same ease and familiarity that Americans employ “backsplash.”  We reckon they are both kind of strange names when it comes to it.

I guess it doesnt really matter what they are called as long as each group knows what they are talking about it works. 

No matter whether you’re in the Land Down Under or the heart of America, the importance of this feature remains unchanged. It’s not just about keeping your walls clean; it’s about transforming your kitchen into a space that’s as functional as it is beautiful.

You May Also Like…

How to Apply Silicone

How to Apply Silicone

Things you will need. Tube of Silicone   - Tilers silicone  ( Acid Cure )  or Neutral Cure for use on Marble Benchtops...